Prohibited items in Checked baggage
Objects which are likely to endanger the aircraft, persons or property on-board, are not allowed in the cargo compartment. These unacceptable items are specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Flammable liquids or gases (gasoline, paint, gas charges).
- Firearms or explosives (ammunition, fireworks, signal flare, stun guns).
- Industrial or household products (bleach, aerosols, mercury or solvents).
- Matches or lighters.
- Corrosives (acids, wet batteries, etc.).
- Magnetized materials.
- Oxidizing materials (such as peroxide).
- Radioactive materials.
- Chemical substances.
- Portfolios or cases with installed alarm mechanisms.
- Fire extinguishers and other compressed gas cylinders.
- Lithium batteries (metal or ion), including those installed on electric skates, self-balancing wheels and electric scooters..
- Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices..
Also, items which are forbidden to be carried by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any country to be flown to, from, or over; items, which in Interjet's opinion, are unsuitable for carriage because of their weight, size or shape; melee weapons (swords, knives and similar objects), samples, fragile items and perishable products are prohibited as well.
Restrictions in alcoholic beverages
Alcoholic drinks are accepted either in the passenger cabin or in checked-in baggage, as long as the following requirements are met:
- They were acquired after passing the security check at the airport, in case they are transported as carry-on baggage.
- They are branded and sealed.
- They keep the factory seals and the original tag.
- They don't exceed 70% ABV.
- Five liters per passenger are not exceeded.
For your checked baggage, Interjet does not recommend valuable items such as: personal or business documents, passports or any type of identifications, jewelry, artwork, metals or precious, cash, personal computers, audio and/or video players, all kinds of electronic devices. Any other kind of object or item that resembles any of those mentioned before are not recommended as well.
While traveling with one of our allies, you are subject to their own luggage policies. Please refer to their website for a proper review..